October 25, 2017
- Released over 75 new and updated font families, built using the open source pipeline and sources. (release note)
June 1, 2017
- Released Noto Serif CJK Version 1.001 that supports Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, all in one font. (release note)
April 3, 2017
- Released Noto Serif CJK Version 1.000 that supports Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, all in one font. (release note)
September 29, 2015
- License changed from Apache License, Version 2.0 to SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1 for all non-CJK fonts. Note that CJK fonts are already under OFL. (release note)
June 16, 2015
- Critical fix to the vertical kana issue.
June 8, 2015
- Uniform line spacing regardless of the weight.
April 20, 2015
Released Noto Sans CJK Version 1.002.
- Added fonts for Urdu (Nastaliq), Oriya and Thaana;
- Redesigned fonts for Armenian (unhinted, Serif and Sans Serif);
- Fixed issues in fonts for Kannada, Malayalam, Myanmar, Naskh Arabic, Sinhala, Syriac, Tamil, Telugu and Thai, Ethiopic, Hebrew and Georgian.
September 12th, 2014
Shipped Noto Sans CJK Version 1.001.
- Addition of a super OTC that allows people to install fonts for all four languages in seven weights at once;
- Multilingual OTFs with each of the four languages as the default;
- Font name changes;
- Critical bug fixes.
July 15th, 2014
- Released Noto homepage with hundreds of Noto fonts on the site;
- Shipped Noto Sans CJK Version 1.000.